Saturday, February 23, 2008

Forget the Oscars, It's Time for the Excellence Awards

Diane of Alberta Postcards and Helene of La cuisine d'Helene have graciously selected me for the Excellence Award.

A visit to Diane's blog is like taking a virtual tour through Alberta, Canada, as she shares lovely photos and musings about her life there. Like most French women, Helene knows how to cook. Be sure to check out her delicious and sophisticated recipes. Since Diane asked me to select 10 bloggers and Helene asked for five, here are my 15 choices.

I really wanted to wear these $8.5 million dollar stunning diamond drop earrings for this announcement, but according to publicists at Harry Winston Jewelers of Beverly Hills, he only loans to movie stars. I guess that means I need to come out with Food Blogga, The Movie. In the meantime, here are the winners:
  1. Jeff, my one and only, of The Derm Blog, for teaching us all about dermatology with wit and humor. Plus he's really cute.
  2. Susan of the Well-Seasoned Cook for writing eloquently about her love of food.
  3. David, the chef behind Book the Cook, for defying all culinary stereotypes with his savory, appetizing traditional British cuisine.
  4. Arfi of HomemadeS for capturing the beauty of food and of life.
  5. Joythebaker for being a talented and down-to-earth chef who enthusiastically shares here culinary expertise with us. I like her style.
  6. Haalo of Cook (almost) Anything At Least Once for her endlessly inspirational food photography.
  7. Lara of Still Life With for generously sharing her food styling and photography expertise with us.
  8. Gretchen Noelle of Canela & Comino for her honest and humorous perspective on home cooking and delicious recipes.
  9. Peabody of Culinary Concoctions for giving me a sensational sugar high every time I visit her blog.
  10. Amy of Cooking with Amy for her engaging food writing and fascinating insight into global cuisine.
  11. Amanda and Tyler of What We're Eating for their witty and entertaining food dialogues.
  12. Manggy of No Special Effects for his amusing and self-deprecating style. His food is really good, much better than he lets on.
  13. Deeba of Passionate About Baking for sharing her love of family and food.
  14. Ronell of MyFrenchKitchen for her artful photography and lovely watercolors.
  15. Amy of Nook and Pantry for her focus on fresh, seasonal cooking and lovely photography.

And then there was a meme...

I've done these "tell me about yourself" memes a few times now, so I'm running out of ideas! But since Elle of Feeding My Enthusiasms and Gattina of Kitchen Unplugged both tagged me recently, here goes:
  1. I'm almost two inches taller than my husband. But don't tell him that, he just thinks it's my hair.
  2. Speaking of hair, I had really long, really curly hair and wore glasses which made people mistake me for Elaine in Seinfeld. One time when we were in Cape Cod, some guy at a gas station kept insisting I was "that girl from Seinfeld." Despite my denials, he thought I was being coy to "protect my identity," and begged for an autograph. After several requests, I gave it to him. So some guy somewhere in the Cape has a map with Julia Louis Dreyfus' (aka Food Blogga's) signature on it.
  3. Speaking of Seinfeld, when Jeff and I started dating, my mom said one night after he left, "Hey, you know who Jeff looks like? That cute comedian with the beautiful teeth." (My mom has a thing with beautiful teeth.) "You mean Jerry Seinfeld?" "Yeah, that's him. Jeff looks so much like him, doesn't he?" (Thank goodness she didn't ask for his autograph.)
  4. No one has mistaken me for Elaine since 1997, when in a moment of spontaneity, I sheared off my long locks. I've had short hair since. Forget bra burning, short hair is what you call liberation.
  5. Throughout my four years of high school, I ate a bowl of Rice Krispies with strawberries on it every single morning for breakfast. That comes out to 1,460 bowls of Rice Krispies! Now, that's a lot of snap, crackle, and pop.
If you haven't done this meme and would like to, then consider yourself tagged!

photo credit: fancyjewelry