Saturday, November 15, 2008

Announcing Eat Christmas Cookies, Season 2! A Food Blog(ga) Event


Yup, it is currently 89 degrees in San Diego (it was 93 degrees at the mall, where I was earlier). November 15th, and it's 90 degrees. This is hard for a New England girl to comprehend.

Sweat was pouring down my back as I marched through a tinsel tinged mall, listening to Christmas Carols. Weird.

So when I got home, I had to get things moving, and there is only way to do that: Let's start Eat Christmas Cookies, Season 2! You can check out last year's amazing round-up of cookies from around the world.

So start baking and send me any and all Christmas cookies; truffles and brownies count too. Just no pies or cakes, please. Santa really prefers cookies.

Here's how you can participate:

Post about a Christmas cookie from today, November 15th through Sunday, December 21st at midnight PST. I will be posting your recipes as I receive them, so the earlier you send them in, the more likely someone else will see your recipe and try it for Christmas.

Within the post:
  • Please link to this page so others can participate.
  • CHANGE as of Dec 19th. Please link to the new Round-Up, Part 2 page so people can see the cookies as they are posted here. Part 1 can be found here.
  • If you really want to score some points with Santa this year, then you can also put the festive Christmas Cookie Logo below.


Email your entry to foodblogga [at] yahoo [dot] com, and put Christmas Cookies as the subject. In the e-mail please include:
  • Your preferred name
  • Where you live
  • Your blog’s name and URL
  • The URL of your entry
  • The name of the cookie
  • If you know how to re-size pictures, then please send along a 200 X 200 pixel pic of your cookies. If I don't see a re-sized pic attached, then I'll come get it at your blog.
  • Multiple entries are allowed.
Don’t have a blog but would like to participate? No problem. Just email me your name, location, recipe, and brief description or story about the cookies. Please attach a 200 X 200 pixel picture to the email if you’d like it to accompany your recipe.

Questions? Leave them below or Email me.