Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Would You Like to be a Recipe Tester for My Sandwich Cookbook?

Mexican torta
Mexican Torta, one big, belly-busting sandwich.

It's time to make the sandwiches!

You know I have been working on my upcoming cookbook, The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches: Recipes, History, and Trivia for Everything Between Sliced Bread (Quirk Books). Now it's time to test the recipes. Would you like to help? If so, read on!

monte cristo
Monte Cristo, the American version of the Croque-Monsieur.

Here's how the recipe testing process will work:

1. Email me at Foodblogga AT yahoo DOT COM today or tomorrow. Please put RECIPE TESTING in the subject line so I can flag it. Send me your full name, home mailing address, and phone number.

2. I will send you a list of sandwiches and will assign them on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you'd like to test more than one recipe, please let me know.

3. Things will move quickly! You'll receive the recipes in a couple of days, have about a week to test them, and send me your feedback via email no later than Thursday, Sept. 30th. The recipes are straight-forward and easy, though some like pulled pork require several steps or longer cooking times.

4. What will you get out of it? A great sandwich, your name mentioned in the cookbook, and my eternal gratitude.

chicken cutlet sandwich 1
Italian Chicken Cutlet Sandwich with Broccoli Rabe and Provolone. Mangia!

pork tenderloin sandwich
Pork Tenderloin Sandwich, Indy's pride and joy.