Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thanks, Tony Romo, for Buying My Book, Recipes Every Man Should Know

Cowboys

Dear Tony,

Congratulations on getting hitched!

You obviously know a lot more than just how run a good play action pass. You chose Candice over Jessica (good call), you bought her the 8-carat yellow diamond (much more tasteful than the 20.5 carat rock Kris gave Kim), and apparently you bought my book, Recipes Every Man Should Know!

Clearly you're on track to be one of the elite. I've put together a few pointers for you to help you make it to the hall of fame, for marriage, that is: Always put the large plates in the back of the dishwasher. Remove cleats before walking on the new Brazilian hardwoods. And one evening when she least expects it, surprise Candice by making her the Creamy Shrimp Fettuccine on page 86 and the Sexy Strawberry Zabaglione on page 136. Then get ready for lots of rushing and scrambling.

I hope this was helpful. Thanks again for buying the book.

Sincerely yours,
Susan

PS-  Regarding the NFL Lockout, consider making a batch of the Bacon Brownies on page 122 for the next negotiation meeting. After eating these salty, sweet, smoky slabs of bacon studded goodness, the owners and reps will experience a sudden release of endorphins and will no doubt acquiesce to the all your demands. If you need some help, let me know. I'm available to assist. And just out of curiosity, will Tom be there?


OK, guys, there you have it: NFL star quarterbacks cook. You should too. And to help you get started, I'm giving away 5 signed copies of Recipes Every Man Should Know. Just leave a comment below telling me why you want the book. Ladies, you can tell me why you want to give the book to a man in your life. If you tweet  -- @Foodblogga --  or FB about it, it'll increase your chances! I'll randomly choose 5 names and announce them tomorrow. Let's get it started!

Photo credit: Janz Images, Flickr Creative Commons