Saturday, July 26, 2008

BlogHer 08 Conference and Some Awards

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of meeting several food bloggers while attending the BlogHer conference in San Fransisco. The conversation was engaging, the food delicious, and the weather freezing. I seriously considered buying a winter coat at Macy's Pre- Winter sale, but then I'd never wear it again in San Diego. I now understand why Mark Twain said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Fransisco."

I missed the food bloggers' dinner with Elise from Simply Recipes on Friday night, but I did run into her on Saturday. Quite literally -- I tripped over an AV cord and flew into her arms -- she has remarkably fast reflexes for a food blogger. She also gave a terrific talk on building blog traffic where Kalyn of Kalyn's Kitchen snapped this pic.

I also got to meet the following fantastic food bloggers at the conference:
I only wish I could have gotten to talk to some of them more. Hey, I know, we should do it again next weekend (How about San Diego this time? No winter coats are needed.).

Saturday night we attended a cocktail party at Macy's where we talked to several interesting bloggers, namely Michelle of Scribbit. That was one of the highlights of my weekend. She is even warmer and funnier in person than she is on her blog, and that's saying something.

blogher sunday

On Sunday several San Fransisco food bloggers joined us for a lovely get-together organized by Amy and Kalyn. Pictured from left to right are me, Simona from Briciole, Anna from Cookie Madness, Christine from Christine Cooks, Amy from Cooking with Amy, Biggie from Lunch in a Box, Kalyn from Kalyn's Kitchen (who has more pics on her site), and Claire from Cookthink.

Others who joined us but are not pictured include:
And now it's awards time!

Dear Alka from Sidhi Rasoi has honored me with the Blogging with a Purpose Award. This is a special award that I take great pleasure in passing on to the following deserving bloggers:
  1. Mary Ann of Finding La Dolce Vita who bestows kindness upon as many people as possible.
  2. Karina of Karina's Kitchen for making gluten-free eating doable and delicious.
  3. Peter of Kalofagas for deliciously coaxing out the Greek in all of us.
  4. Simona of Briciole for generously sharing her Italian language and culinary skills.
  5. Susan of Wild Yeast for teaching us how to bake darned good bread.


One of the most delicious awards you can receive is the Yummy Blog Award, and lovely Burcu of Almost Turkish Recipes has flattered me with it. Here are some blogs I have already said are yummy, and here are a couple more:
  1. Jaime of Good Eats 'n Sweet Treats for her super close-up shots of super yummy treats.
  2. Marianna of Swirl and Scramble for her alluring desserts.

Judy of Judy's Gross Eats has flattered me with the E Award. Thank you, my dear. Please see the 15 fabulous bloggers I have already nominated for the E Award. And here are a couple more for good measure:

1. Everything about Joey's blog 80 Breakfasts is excellent.
2. Peter of Souvlaki for the Soul, whose photos are mouth-wateringly irresistible.



Two of the sweetest bloggers I know, Ames of Yay! Pie and Pip of Zenzerro and Cannella have made my day a whole lot brighter by sending me the I Love You This Much Award. Now I'm awarding it to all of you!




Save This Page on Del.icio.us