Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Food Blogga is Julie & Julia's "Blog of the Day"

DF-09178
(Meryl Streep as Julia Child. Photo courtesy of Sony Pictures.)

A few years ago when I was at the bookstore, I picked up a copy of Julie Powell's memoir Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment. It was described as the story of a woman, who within the span of one year, cooked all 524 recipes in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and then wrote a blog about it. I wanted to buy the book since I loved Julia Child, but I remember thinking to myself, "What the heck is a blog?"

I bought it, and less than 48 hours later, had finished reading it. Powell writes with passion and wit. Whether or not you like her sharp tongue and irreverent humor, you can't deny that the girl is a talented writer. So I was pleasantly surprised when I heard that her book was being made into a film. Three years after reading Julie & Julia and tens of thousands of food blogs later, I was tickled to actually meet Julie at a promotional event in LA.

DF-06269
(Amy Adams as Julie Powell. Photo courtesy of Sony Pictures.)

Today I'm thrilled to announce that Food Blogga is "The Blog of the Day" on the official Julie & Julia movie web site. I am flattered to be among such esteemed company and to be associated with this delightful film.

Since today marks the 367th post on Food Blogga, it's safe to say that I have gotten the hang of this blogging business. Thanks, Julie. Plus I now know how to make a mean boeuf bourguignon. Thanks, Julia.