Friday, October 23, 2009

Please Vote for My Quaker Oatmeal Topping and Help Me Win $10,000 for My Charity, Action Against Hunger


I've got exciting news to share! Quaker Instant Oatmeal has partnered with Good Bite to sponsor the "Awaken Your Senses" challenge. It's a challenge that asks twelve of the nation's top food bloggers (including yours truly) to share their favorite food memories, which have been translated by Good Bite's Chef Dave into new oatmeal toppings. The blogger whose topping gets the most votes will win $10,000 for her or his favorite charity!



Today the third round of videos are up, which includes my video entitled, "Cinnamon Comfort." This is where you come in. I need you to vote for me, well actually, for Action Against Hunger, the charity I'm representing. Action Against Hunger is an international network committed to saving the lives of severely malnourished children and their families. They provide clean drinking water and sustainable solutions to hunger as well as advocacy for those who need it most. They touch the lives of over 5 million people in over 40 countries every year. If I win the Quaker Oatmeal Challenge, then this amazing charity will win $10,000 to help them with their efforts.

Here's an example of their humanitarian programs: Procter and Gamble's Children's Safe Drinking Water Program has provided clean, safe drinking water to millions of malnourished children and their families.


 CF-Cambodia, courtesy: J. Lapegue


Here's how to vote for me:

1. Go to www.youtube.com/quakertalk. Click on VOTE. Click on my video entitled "Cinnamon Comfort."

2. Click on the BIG GREEN THUMBS UP to cast your vote. Voting closes Friday, November 6th.

3. Please tell your family and friends to vote too!

4. If you'd like, please spread the word on your blog, Twitter, and Facebook! I'm @foodblogga on Twitter.

5. Now, accept a BIG virtual HUG and THANK YOU from me!